Public call for applications – Field Lawyer
Macedonian Young Lawyers Association (MYLA) is a professional, nonprofit and nonpolitical organization founded in 2003. MYLA was established with the aim to implement actions for full implementation of the rule of law and to enforce the contribution of young lawyers in the development of the legal profession in Macedonia.
The UNHCR funded Project for Legal assistance and Representation of People of Concern (PoC), requires one qualified field lawyer, who will form part of the MYLA Field team, reporting to the Project Manager. This position is based in Tabanovce, Republic of Macedonia.
The Field Lawyer will perform their duty according to a previously established working schedule, no longer than 40 working hours per week, under supervision of and reporting to the Project Manager/Regional Coordinator. The Field Lawyer will work closely with with relevant state institutions, local NGOs and international organizations operating and present in Tabanovce.
The support provided by the Field Lawyers shall include but not be limited to:
- Provide legal information, advice and support to asylum seekers, and refugees;
- Maintain relationships with the local state institutions and other relevant stakeholders;
- Communicate regularly with the Project Coordinator and MYLA Office in Skopje;
- Any other tasks as directed by MYLA.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Law;
- One to three years working experience;
- Ability to work in multicultural and dynamic environment
- Good understanding of the basic aspects of field work in such an area;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Experience in using MS Office and online reporting tools/platforms is welcomed;
- A driving license (B category) with driving experience is mandatory
The Field Lawyer will be offered a service contract. Gross salary is 30.000 MKD. The position is based in Tabanovce, Republic of Macedonia. The employer provides the transport logistics for the field lawyer.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.