B) Assistance in drafting regulations
Through its work, MYLA has established itself as a relevant participant in civil society, in processes such as improving national legislation and promoting fundamental values such as the protection of human rights and the rule of law.
MYLA helped in the preparation of:
– secondary legislation associated with the Law on Free Legal Aid,
– regulations important for the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy in relation to the operation of the Reception Center for Asylum Seekers,
– rulebooks about the operation of the Administration for Execution of Sanctions,
– Rulebook about the prohibition of harassment at the workplace in the Army of the RNM and etc.
In addition to institutions, MYLA provides assistance to civil society organizations who participate in various processes to improve legislation that is of interest to them.
Through networking with the BLUPRINT Group, the Network for Protection against Discrimination and civil society organizations that provide free legal aid, including the Foundation Open Society Macedonia, MYLA participated in vital processes for preparation and amendment of particular legal solutions in order to ensure compliance with international law. The association contributed to drafting and recommendations for the following legislation:
– Law on Free Legal Aid and secondary legislation associated with this Law
– Law on the Public Prosecution Office
– Law on Support and Financial Compensation to Victims of Crime
– Law on Primary Education