The COVID 19 pandemic is likely to have long-lasting consequences on economic and social rights. During the pandemic, with the introduction of restrictive measures, the opportunities of many citizens to contact the institutions directly and to be informed about some of their rights were limited. The aim of the project is through partnership and collaboration between CSO and national institutions to improve the access to citizens to justice by informing the citizens about their rights and raising of the level of legal literacy. Bearing in mind that the access to justice is recognized both as a basic human right and as a means to protect other universally recognized human rights the action directly strives at promotion of human rights with focus on social rights.
This activity is implemented in scope of the project Reference: EuropeAid/154870/DH/ACT/Multi „IRIS Networking – CSOs for protection sensitive migration management “financed by European Union.
- OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF WORK
This project will increase the legal literacy of the citizens through providing information about their rights with focus of the social rights. The expert will be responsible to perform the following tasks:
- To raise public awareness of the citizens on their social rights
- To inform the participants on their social rights
- To attend two online Questions & Answers session
- To provide direct support to citizens at Questions & Answers session regarding their problems in exercising their rights
The selected expert will have the following specific assignments:
- Pro-active approach in communicating with local citizens, local CSOs and local SWC;
- Providing on-time and professional social benefit information on the Questions & Answers sessions
- Sharing experiences on most common problems, issues and trends regarding social rights and the individuals in risks at Questions & Answers sessions.
- To be well-informed and to follow any amendments regarding the relevant laws and bylaws regarding social welfare benefits and the Government COVID-19 related measures;
- To participate in preparation of the report
- To maintain regular communication with MYLA project staff;
- To participate in creating content and info materials
- Be in communication with the Institute for social care on gathering information, ideas and suggestions for the project implementation
- Cooperation with the rising awareness campaign consultant and providing to him necessary information and materials for the campaign
- Support of the promotion of the plan for raising awareness in human right protection
- Cooperation with the legal expert and assist in the creation of the informative materials
- Provide support and answer questions related to social protection of citizens at the online session
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The starting date will be prescribed in the service contract until 04 May 2021
The remuneration for the assignment will be according to the financial offer submitted by the selected applicants.
Maximum budget for the position is in total 400 euros.
- Graduated social worker
- At least 7 years of working experience of which 5 in working with vulnerable groups and giving social support
- Passion for working with marginalized persons, children and families at risks
- Good presentation skills and time management
- Excellent communication skills and preparedness to work in a team
- Good knowledge of English language(B1)
- Awareness of gender, ethnic, cultural and political issues;
- Good organizational skills, capable of taking initiative and working independently;
- Readiness and ability to work with the beneficiary/beneficiaries.
- HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates are required to submit Curriculum Vitae, listing all relevant qualifications and background and financial offer to the Macedonian Young Lawyers Association at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 01 April 2021 14:00 hrs. CET with subject line: Application for expert for social protection
The following methodology will be used to evaluate the applicants:
|General working experience||20|
|Specific working experience||40|
|Overall total score||100|