The COVID 19 pandemic is likely to have long-lasting consequences on economic and social rights. During the pandemic, with the introduction of restrictive measures, the opportunities of many citizens to contact the institutions directly and to be informed about some of their rights were limited. The aim of the project is through partnership and collaboration between CSO and national institutions to improve the access to citizens to justice by informing the citizens about their rights and raising of the level of legal literacy. Bearing in mind that the access to justice is recognized both as a basic human right and as a means to protect other universally recognized human rights the action directly strives at promotion of human rights with focus on social rights.
This activity is implemented in scope of the project Reference: EuropeAid/154870/DH/ACT/Multi „IRIS Networking – CSOs for protection sensitive migration management “financed by European Union.
- OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF WORK
This project will increase the legal literacy of the citizens through providing information about their rights with focus of the social rights. The expert will be responsible to perform the following tasks:
- To raise public awareness of the citizens on their social rights
- To inform the participants on their social rights
- To answer in writing 100 question of legal matter related to protection and exercise of social rights
- To organize two online Questions & Answers session to increase the legal literacy of vulnerable groups
- To provide direct legal aid to citizens at Questions & Answers session
The selected expert will have the following specific assignments:
- Research on the existing laws and Guidelines related on the human rights protection with focus on social rights.
- Research on most common and used social rights, who can obtain them and the documents needed for applying.
- Answer to questions of legal matter related to protection and exercise of social rights in writing.
- Be in communication with the Institute for social care on gathering information, ideas and suggestions for the project implementation
- Be in cooperation with the rising awareness campaign consultant
- Support of the promotion of the campaign
- Assist in the creation of the informative materials
- Organizing two online Questions & Answers session
- Submitting report on the legal questions answered to citizens
- Reporting and filing a final report
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The starting date will be prescribed in the service contract until 04 May 2021
The remuneration for the assignment will be according to the financial offer submitted by the selected applicants.
Maximum budget for the position is in total 1000 euros.
- University degree in law
- Passed bar exam will be considered an asset
- Passion for human rights and protection of marginalized persons, children and families at risk
- At least 5 years working experience of which at least 3 years of experience in working and providing legal aid to vulnerable groups
- Experience in conducting workshops on legal issues and communication with vulnerable groups (Experience in conducting online workshops will be considered as an advantage)
- Good presentation skills and time management
- Good knowledge of English language(B2)
- Awareness of gender, ethnic, cultural and political issues;
- Good organizational skills, capable of taking initiative and working independently;
- Readiness and ability to work with the beneficiary/beneficiaries.
- HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates are required to submit Curriculum Vitae, listing all relevant qualifications and background and financial offer to the Macedonian Young Lawyers Association at: email@example.com by Thursday, 01 April 2021 CET with subject line: Application for expert–Lawyer
The following methodology will be used to evaluate the applicants:
|General working experience||20|
|Specific working experience||40|
|Overall total score||100|