Macedonian Young Lawyers Association in cooperation with the Association of Journalists of North Macedonia and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees-UNHCR announces a “Public call for award for professional reporting on refugees for 2018 in the Republic of North Macedonia.”
The submitted articles and photos will be evaluated by a Committee, including prominent journalists, photo reporters and media experts from the Association of Journalists of the Republic of North Macedonia, members of Macedonian Young Lawyers Association and representatives of the UNHCR office in Skopje. The Committee will evaluate every submission individually focusing on how the story of the refugees is presented and whether it contains features of professional reporting.
The submissions should belong to the following categories:
- Article or series of articles
- TV shows, inserts, short documentaries
The submissions should focus on the experience of the refugees, asylum seekers, and potential asylum seekers as well as contribute to a greater understanding of the public regarding the issues related to them.
The submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Represents copyright journalism published in the media during 2018 (from 01/01/2018 until 31/12/2018)
- Includes genuine stories about the lives of the refugees or asylum seekers
- Shows sensitivity and respect for the refugees and the circumstances under which they have fled their homes
- Avoid sensationalism and stereotyping
- The candidates are citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia
- The applicants may submit a maximum of 3 articles/ inserts/photos
- The publications should be formatted and sent in PDF, date included
- The video materials should be formatted and sent in a CD/DVD format, date included
- The photos should be in JPG, at least 2000 pixels on the long side and 300 dpi resolution. It should be specified in which medium and when were they were published
- The submissions in the prescribed format should be sent by e-mail, at email@example.com with the name of the competition in the subject line; or sent by post/ submitted to Macedonian Young Lawyers Association at Donbas 14/1-6 1000 Skopje, in a sealed envelope with the name of the competition.
- For more information regarding the competition and the submission, please contact Olgica Tancheva at 077/587-642 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The best ranked submissions will be awarded three prizes, for each category, in the amount of 120,000 MKD total, or:
The award for the category “Articles or series of articles” is 40 000 MKD
The award for the category “TV shows, inserts, short documentaries” is 40 000 MKD
The award for the category “Photography” is 40 000 MKD
The deadline for submissions is June 11 2019, and only applications received no later than June 11 2019 will be considered.
Winners will be announced by June 15 2019, and the award winning World Refugee Day, June 20 2019.